JEE Main 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus
JEE Mains is one of the top level examinations of India. JEE is a 2 stage examination conducted by CBSE Board. The interested candidates can get admissions in UG eng./architecture courses in NITs, IITs and other institutions through JEE Mains examination, whereas IITs provide admissions to eligible candidates through JEE Advanced examination. The qualified candidates of JEE Mains will be eligible to take up JEE Advanced examination.
he Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) 2017 will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras this year. Last year it was organized by IIT Guwahati. The official registration and exam dates for the same are yet to be announced by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). This is a national level exam which is conducted for admissions into various Bachelor's degree programs in eighteen IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM), along with other reputable engineering institute.
According to an official, students need to have at least score 75 per cent marks or be in top 20 percentile in class 12 examination so as to qualify for appearing in the exam. The SC, ST students should have 65 per cent marks. All other JEE examination systems shall remain unchanged.
The HRD Ministry took a significant decision regarding JEE exams and decided that class 12 marks of the students will not be taken into account while admitting them to undergraduate courses of engineering. This rule will be applicable to all engineering aspirants from next year.
JEE Mains – Introduction
JEE Main 2017 is the toughest competitive engineering entrance exam for engineering colleges in India. The JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is a two phase examination
Both JEE Main and JEE Advanced is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) Board. The participating colleges in JEE Mains are NIT, IIIT and other institutions who offer UG engineering/architecture programs whereas prestigious institute like IIT offer these courses through JEE Advanced exam. The students are shortlisted for JEE Advanced examination through their performance in JEE Main as well as marks of Class 12th Board or equivalent exam. Through this article, candidates can get all the the authentic and detailed information regarding JEE Main 2017.
|JEE Notification on Official Website||2nd week of November 2016|
|JEE Main 2017 – Application form Process||December 1st, 2016 onwards|
|Last Date to submit online application form with scanned images||January 2nd, 2017|
|Last date of payment of application fees via credit/debit card||January 2nd, 2017|
|Last date of payment of application fees via e-challan||January 2nd, 2017|
|Correction window – Changes in Application form||4th week of January 2017|
|Admit Card Download from||2nd week of March 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 – Offline Exam (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||April 2nd, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 – Online Exam (Paper 1)||April 8th& 9th 2017|
|Answer Keys & OMR sheet display||3rd-4th week of April, 2017|
|Challenge against answer keys to be accepted from||4th week of April, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 – Results||April 27th, 2017|
|Declaration of All India Ranks (AIR)||3rd week of June 2017|
|Availability of Rank card||After the release of AIR|
- The recommendations of Ashok Mishra, the committee setup by Ministry of Human Resource Department (MHRD) suggested the inclusion of an Aptitude Test for IIT after which 4 lacs student will be shortlisted for JEE and then 40,000 students will be provided with a rank for admission in IIITs, NITs and other centrally funded institutes.
- There is a recommendation to develop mock JEE Exams question bank for 50+ years of JEE.
- From 2017, JEE Main rank will be calculated sans class 12th marks i.e., weightage of class 12 marks will not be considered
- Anyone can appear for JEE Main 2017 as there is no minimum criteria for class 12th percentage/score
- If a candidate qualifies for admission into IIT, ISM, NIT, IIIT, CFTI, GFTI etc, through JEE Main or JEE Advance, the candidate should have secured at least 75% in class 12th board exam (65% for SC/ST students)
- AADHAAR card is mandatory for all the Indian citizens who are taking JEE. At the time of filling the application form, the engineering aspirants have to enter AADHAAR number, name, DOB and gender. If the given particulars do not match with UIDAI data, a student cannot apply.
- The latest press release by MHRD mentioned that performance of 12th class will be required only for eligibility for admission in IIT, NIT and similar institutes. For the candidates to qualify in the JEE Examination, they shall have secured
- At least 75% marks or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th Class Examination conducted by respective boards.
- For SC/ST students this condition shall be relaxed to 65% marks.
- 12th boards marks will not be given 40% weightage in 2017 for calculation of ranks as in the selection criteria for admission in an IIT for 2016. Rest of the selection process will remain unchanged for admission in IITs in 2017.
JEE Main 2017 – SYLLABUS
Knowing the Syllabus helps the aspirants to kick start their preparation. Click the Link below to download the JEE 2017 Syllabus for each subject.
The detailed analysis of JEE Main 2016 Question paper are given below. Candidates are advised to go through it so as to have an insight about JEE Mains question paper , marks distribution and other details.
- Difficulty Level :