JEE Main 2017 Application Form: Before filling up the application of JEE Main Examination it is very important for the students to be acquainted with the protocols set by CBSE. The application forms for the JEE Main exam 2017 will be accessible online from 1st week of December 2016 in the official website of JEE Main 2017. No other mode will be available to apply for the same. Before applying online for JEE Main 2017, the candidates are advised to go through the details of the JEE Main 2017 Application form. The important information about the Application form of JEE Main 2017 is given below to ensure that that candidates have every requirements ready so that they don’t have to struggle while filling up the application form of JEE Main 2017. Read the article to get an insight about every important details regarding the JEE Main Application form 2017.
Note: The details provided on the Application form of JEE Main 2017 is according to the 2016 JEE Main Examination. The changes will be updated after the release of the JEE Main 2017 Information Bulletin.
Important points to note before applying for the JEE Main 2017 application form:
- The applicants are advised to check their eligibility before filling up the application form.
- The applicants can approach the facilitation centers set up by the board for any assistance. The assistance is provided for free. The list of facilitation center can be found in the Information Bulletin or in the official website of JEE Main.
- Candidates can submit only one application form. Submission of more than one Application Form will be rejected.
- After filling up the required information, the candidates are advised to check the details provided by them in the application form. No changes can be made after the fee payment. However, the board allows the candidates to alter the submitted details but only for few particulars.
- A valid email ID and phone no.
- Candidates should be ready with his/her scanned b/w passport sized photograph, signature, and left hand thumb impression.
Note: Incase, the candidate do not have left hand thumb, right hand thumb can be used or any other finger if both the thumbs are not there.
- The photograph must contain the name of the candidate and the date.
- Candidates should carry documents of their qualifying examination.
- Candidates should be ready with Debit/ credit card, e-Challan details for payment of fees.
- Candidates should possess a valid password to use in the registration process.
- The password should be of 8-13 character, using at least one upper and lower case, numeric value and special character.
- Choose security question and answers which can be easily remembered.
Instruction for Scanned images and password
The instruction for scanned images and password while applying for the Application Form of JEE Main 2017 is provided in the table below:
|File Format||File Size||Dimension|
|Photograph of Candidate||JPEG Format||4KB-100KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature of Candidate||JPEG Format||1KB-30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Thumb Impression of Candidate||JPEG Format||1KB-30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Procedure for the JEE Main 2017 Application Form
The registration for the application form can be completed in 4 simple stages. The step by step procedure has been mentioned below with complete details.
- State of Eligibility: The state from where the applicants appeared for their higher secondary examination or equivalent qualifying examination.
- School Board of higher secondary/ qualifying examination.
- Year of passing higher secondary/ qualifying examination.
- Roll no. of higher secondary/ qualifying examination.
- Security pin as shown on the computer screen.
Note: The candidates appearing in class 12th Examination or improvement in 2017 are not required to enter any roll number. They need to enter the roll no. of class 12th at the time of downloading admit card of JEE Main 2017.
After entering all the details click on the “Submit” button. It will take you forward to the next stage of the registration process.
2. Online application filling and password
After the completion of the registration process, the registered applicant will be allowed to fill up the JEE Main Application form 2017. The online application form will be further divided into 5-6 main sections as mentioned below:
- Section for exam related details.
- Section for personal details.
- Section for academic details.
- Section for contact details.
- Section for guardian details.
- Section for creating password.
- Section for submitting security pin.
The information provided by the applicant in each section should be accurate and complete. After the submission of the complete Application form of JEE Main 2017 an application no. will be generated and password. The application number can be used by the applicants for subsequent logins.
Important: The candidates should make sure to secure the application no. and password for future reference. The same will be required to download admit card of JEE Main 2017 and check results.
Uploading scanned images/ documents:
In this stage, the applicants will be required to upload the scanned images of their photographs, signature and thumb print in the prescribed format mentioned above.
3. Payment of Application fee
The applicants have to pay the application fee in order to validate the JEE Main 2017 Application form. The examination fee is payable via credit/debit card or by depositing fee in cash through e-challan in the Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara bank. After the successful payment of the examination fee an acknowledgement slip will be generated. The aspirants should assure to withhold the printout of the same.
Important: The Acknowledgement slip is not required to be sent to JEE Main Secretariat. However, the candidates are required to take printout of Acknowledgement slip and keep it for reference.
JEE Main 2017 Examination fee is listed below:
The examination fee (In Indian Rupees) mentioned in the list below is per the Examination fee structure from the official JEE Main 2016 Information Bulletin. Changes will be made after the release of the JEE Main Information.
JEE Main 2017 Examination fee:
|Paper(s)||Offline exam||Online exam|
|Center opted in India|
|Either JEE Main Paper I or Paper II||1000 (Boys) 500 (Girls)||500(Boys) 500(Girls)||500(Boys) 250(Girls)||250 (Boys) 250 (Girls)|
|Both JEE Main Paper I and II||1800 (Boys) 900 (Girls)||900 (Boys) 900 (Girls)||1300 (Boys) 650 (Girls)||650 (Boys) 650 (Girls)|
|Center opted in Foreign Country|
|Either JEE Main Paper I or II||2500(Boys) 1250(Girls)||1250(Boys) 1250(Girls)||2500(Boys) 1250(Girls)||1250(Boys) 1250(Girls)|
|Both JEE Main Paper||3800 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)||1900(Boys) 1900(Girls)||3800(Boys) 1900 (Girls)||1900(Boys) 1900(Girls)|
Note: Candidates paying through Debit/ Credit card will need to pay an additional processing charge.
Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card: 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
|1||Availability of Jeemain Application Form||December 2017|
|2||Last Date for Jeemain Application Form||December 2017|
|3||Download of Admit Card||March 2nd Week, 2017|
|4||Offline JEE Main 2017 Exam||April 2017|
|5||Computer Based Exam||April 2017|
|6||Answer Key||Last Week of April 2017|
|7||OMR Response Sheet availability||Last Week of April 2017|
|8||Result of Jeemain exam||Last Week of April 2017|
|9||Rank List||Last Week of April 2017|
|10||Counselling through JOSAA 2017||July 2017|
How to recover JEE Main application no. or password?
In order to download the admit card or check the results, the candidates will be required to login with the application no. and password generated by the system. Therefore, the applicants are advised to secure both properly. However, if a candidate is unable to login, the following steps should be followed to recover the application no. or the password.