Agriculture Scholarships 2017-2018 Scholarship Positions
1. Awards - The following gold medals shall be awarded each year to outstanding candidates on the result of the university examination (For rules/conditions contact office of the Dean concerned).
- Bachelor of science in agriculture (B.Sc (Ag.) Hons.) examination of this university.
- Post-graduate examination for each of the : M.Sc (Ag) in Ag. economics, agronomy, entomology, extension education, horticulture, plant breeding and genetics, plant pathology, agril. chemistry and soil science, plant physiology and biotechnology.
- ASPEE Research and Development Foundation Medal :M/s ASPEE Agricultural Research and Development Foundation Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai have instituted a medal to be awarded to a student of the university securing the highest combined marks in the subject of entomology, plant pathology and nematology at B.Sc (Ag). Hons. Degree examination.
2. Scholarships and Fellowships
2.1 University Merit Scholarships :
The following university merit scholarships are awarded to the students standing first in order of merit at the undergraduate and post-graduate examniation of this university. The ligibility of merit scholarship to M.Sc (Ag) and Ph.D students shall be 3.2/4.0 OGPA.
- For M.Sc (Ag) programme there shall be two scholarships in each subject at each campus. The award of scholarship will be made on the basis of performance of the student at first semester of M.Sc (Ag).
- There will be two scholarships for Ph.D in each subject at each campus. Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of performance at the M.Sc (Ag) level.. However, this scholarship will be given from the registration date at the end of successful completion of first semester of Ph.D programme. The total period of the scholarship shall be 22 months.
- Only bonafide residents of the state of Rajasthan may apply for the PG scholarships.Note : The continuation of M.Sc (Ag) and Ph.D fellowships will be governed by the ICAR fellowship rules (Junior research fellow for M.Sc (Ag) and senior research fellow for the Ph.D programme.)
- 3 scholarships, one each on the result of B.Sc (Ag) part I, B.Sc (Ag), part II and B.Sc (Ag) part III examination in B.Sc (Ag) programme of the amount of rs. 30/- p.m. for one year.
Scholarships offered by Govt. of India through the Director of College Education, Govt. of Rajasthan by advertisement in the newsapers.
- National scholarship scheme : This is a Govt. of India's merit scholarship for post matriculate students who have passed the last exam from any of the educational institutions situated in Rajasthan and whose parents annual income does not exceed Rs. 25000/-
- National Loan Scholarship Scheme : This scheme is also of Govt. of India and is available to needy and meritorious students of Indian nationality, who have passed specified annual exam (with full subjects) conducted by statutory examination bodies with at leat 50 % in aggregate in the first attempt and the income of the parents and the student together does not exceed Rs. 25000/- per annum. This scholarship is renewable each year.
- Need cum merit scholarship : All students whose parents/guardian have an annual income of Rs. 20000/- and below and secure 60 % marks or aboe in the last qualifying exam will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Schoalrship to children of political sufferers : All children of the political sufferers of Rajasthan having annual income less than Rs. 3600/- can avail of this scholarship provided they are studying in colleges situated in Rajasthan.
The following scholarships are awarded by the director, Primary and Secondary education, Govt. of Rajasthan, Bikaner.
- Scholarship to the children of govt. sercant who expired during govt. service : Children of deceased govt. servants are entitled to this scholarship with condition that 9a) the government servant should have died during service in the government and (b) the children should study in the college of Rajasthan. Incase a student fails in any class this scholarship will be stopped.
- National Scholarship to the children of teachers : Students whose parents are teachers with an annual income not exceeding Rs. 25000/- and who secured 60 % or more marks in the last public exam are eligible for this scholarship.
- Women Merit Scholarship : Girl/woman students will be awarded scholarships for pursuing higher education. Students who have secured 60 % or more marks in senior secondary/graduate examination shall be eligible to apply for the scholarship, if the income of their parents does not exceed Rs. 60000/- per annum.
Scholarship available thorough Government of India - Merit cum means scholarship for undergraduates : Indian council of agricultural research awards scholarship of value of Rs. 170/- p.m includive of all fees and other charges of the college for full duration of the degree programme. The number of scholarships does not exceed 7 % of the actual admissions. Studetn(s) whose parents have an income not exceeding Rs. 750/- p.m and who have secured not less than 60 % marks in the last qualifying exam and is/are Indian national are eligible for it. In case of students, whose parent's income exceed Rs. 750/- p.m. they will be awarded a national prize of Rs. 125/- and merit certificate in lieu of the scholarship.
Freeship and Half-Freeship : In each class poor and deserving candidates are offered full freeship to the extent of 10 % or half freeship to the extent of 20 % and these are available to M.Sc (Ag) and Ph.D (C.W) students as well.
Scholarship from other sources :
- Mrs. Kusum Rathore Memorial Trust Scholarship for undergraduate/Post graduate students in agriculture.
- S.J.Jindel Trust Scholarship for U.G and P.G students in Agriculture.
- ICAR Junior Research Fellowship of Rs. 3600/- p.m. and SRF at 440/- p.m. through competitive exam for which direct application to iCAR is made when advertised.
For further information about rules and regulations of the various scholarships and fellowships, the student should contact the office of the dean of the college concerned.
A candidate is eligible to get only one schoalrship at a time.
Thesis contingency grant : Thesis contingency amount is also made available to M.Sc (Ag) studetns @ Rs. 500/- and Ph.D (C.W) students @ Rs. 800/- with the following eligibility conditions :
- Student who has completed course work with the minimum OGPA required for degree and has passed his/her comprehensive or preliminary exam.
- He/She should be registered for full time research in the IVth semester in M.Sc (Ag) and IIIrd to Vth semester in Ph.D programme to avail of this.
- He/she has been a regular student for 4/5 consecutive semesters without a gap on any grounds whatsoever in M.Sc (Ag)/Ph.D programme respectively.
- He/she has submitted the thesis not later than 5 semesters of registration for M.Sc (Ag) and not later than 6 semesters of the registration for Ph.D (C.W) students.
- He/she is not awarded a research fellowship with a contingency grant from any other sources.