minorityaffairs.rajasthan.gov.in Post Matric Scholarship For Minorities 2016-17 Rajasthan Minority Affairs
POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR MINORITIES 2016-17 : RAJASTHAN MINORITY AFFAIRS
Scalable and Configurable platform New web http://www.scholarships.gov.in/index
Post-Matric Scholarship For Minority Communities Students :
Application invited for Post Matric Scholarship for minority communities students (Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi and Jain). The Minority Affairs Rajasthan Government providing better opportunities for higher studies, to increase the rate of achievement in the higher education to the commendable students belonging to the economically weaker section of Minority Communities.
The student who have secured 50% marks of aggregate or above in the last final exam is eligible for the post matric scholarship.
The students parents/guardian annual income is not more that Rs. 2,00,000/- (two lacs) per annum from all sources.
The candidate who are eligible for the scholarship can apply online by the website www.momascholarship.gov.in
According to the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Parsis are come under minority communities. So the distribution of the scholarship among the minorities will be made on the basis of population.
Reserve For Girl Students :
30% of scholarship will be reserved for girl students. In case the number of girl student are not sufficient for scholarship, then the balance scholarship may be awarded to the male candidate.
Criteria of Selection :
o The number of scholarship for minority communities are limited in quantity. The students from the BPL families, with lowest income shall be given preference in ascending order.
o The new applications are considered after the completion of renewal of application.
The selected candidate will provide Scholarship for the entire course. Though the Maintenance Allowance will be provided for a period of 10 months in an academic year.
Conditions For Scholarship :
• The student who secured 50% or more in the last final examination are eligible for the scheme and the students whose parents/guardian income from all sources are not more Rs. 2,00,000 per annum. There are fixed number of scholarship for minorities. Students from BPL families and having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order. The new applications are considered after the completion of renewal of application.
• If the student fails to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the last final exam, the award will be discontinued. The award will be awarded only for a period of time taken to obtain certificate or degree.
• Only two students in a family are eligible for the scholarship.
• The students must be regular in class attendance for which the benchmark will be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
• An Affidavit on Non-judicial stamp paper for Income Declaration for the self employed parents/guardian and for employed parents/guardian an Income Certificate must be submitted with the application form.
• The students are not allowed to migrate from one institution to another during the course of the academic year except under exceptional circumstances.
• If the disobey made by the student against the terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
• If the scholarship given to student approved by showing false certificate or statement, the scholarship will be cancelled.
• Course fee/ tuition fee will be credited to the school/college/institution’s bank account. Whereas the Maintenance allowance will be credited to the students bank account.
• The students are not allowed to avail any other scholarship if they obtaining the same scholarship scheme.
• The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
Once the student awarded with the Scholarship, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course after the release of certificate with securing 50% marks in the examination.
Renewal Of Scholarship :
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the examination.
The last date for the submission of Online application for fresh Scholarship for Post Matric is 15.09.14
Post-matric Scholarship Scheme
Last updated 20 August 2015 - 12:31pm
The Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities was announced in June, 2006. It provides that a post-matric scholarship scheme for meritorious students from minority communities would be implemented.
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
Achievements in the Current Year
· State/UT- wise & Community- wise distribution of Post-matric scholarships for students belonging to the minority communities for the year 2015-16.
Achievements in the Earlier Financial Years
National Scholarships Portal is one stop solution for end to end scholarship process right from submission of student application, verification, sanction and disbursal to end beneficiary for all the scholarships provided by the Government of India.
· Simplified process for the students
o Common application form for all scholarships
o Onetime registration of students
o Based on eligibility criteria, system itself suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible
· Improved Transparency
o Elimination of duplicate applications
o Release of scholarship amount directly to bank accounts of students through DBT
· SMS and E-Mail alerts at every step of scholarship process
· Serve as a Decision Support System (DSS) as up-to date information is available on demand
· Scalable and Configurable platform New web http://www.scholarships.gov.in/index